Hi guys! ♥
So I know I’ve been really negative lately… which isn’t helping the situation at all. I need to work on being more positive. Or at least acknowledging some good things.
So here we go:
1) I got a new iPhone finally. My old one (an iPhone 4) was completely shattered and the camera didn’t work anymore. So I really really needed a new one. I got the gold iPhone 5s. And I’m super happy with it. It’s pretty, lightweight, the camera is awesome, it was easy to setup, and it’s super fast. Oh, and the people at the Apple Store were very friendly, so that was nice.
2) My grandma came to visit from out of state. Honestly, I thought that this would be awful because I’ve been feeling so anxious about her coming. I haven’t seen her in years and I knew I would feel extremely uncomfortable around her. But maybe since I’m kind of “pretending” to be okay while she’s here, I’ve been feeling a bit better than I have been in a while. I guess it’s a “fake it till you make it” sort of thing.
3) I went to the mall with my dad, step-mom, & grandma. This is pretty huge for me since it’s a very big mall.. and I normally feel really anxious and panicky when I go. But for some reason, I really wasn’t panicky and was able to enjoy the stores and shop a bit. And I didn’t focus too much on the people around me (which is what I do FAR too much). I guess since I was surrounded by family, and not there by myself, I felt better. I’ve noticed that when I’m alone, my anxiety is much worse.
4) My doggie, Sammy, got a haircut. This is kind of a silly thing to add, but he looks really cute.
5) I’ve been listening to this album:
I’m absolutely embarrassed and don’t really know how to explain myself, haha. I’m not a “directioner”. But after seeing them perform at the AMA’s, I was pleasantly surprised. And I actually like most of the tracks on this new album. I guess it’s “feel good music”. And I have to admit that some of them are cute…
Ok, I’ll stop now.
6) I pretty much haven’t been exercising since this summer. I’ve run a bit on the treadmill and done a few DVD/YouTube workouts. But hardly anything compared to what I was doing before. And I honestly feel much better. The only downside is I think I’m eating less… I’m not sure that it’s entirely intentional. I know my appetite isn’t what it was before. But I also know that since I’m not working out much, I’m more cautious about how much I’m eating. So I guess this isn’t entirely good.
7) I signed up for some classes for winter quarter. I’m really hoping I’ll actually GO and stick with it. I signed up for a class that I think I’ll enjoy (digital photography). I took film photography with the same teacher and even though it was stressful (I put a lot of pressure on myself to do well/make everything perfect), I still really enjoyed it. Photography is definitely something that I love & admire. I think that’s why I’m so obsessed with tumblr. So I’m hoping that taking a class that I actually want to take will help me get through the next quarter.
8) My dad and step-mom completed another half-marathon the other day (they’ve done a couple in the past). And I’ve wanted to do one too, but I’ve always doubted my ability. But my dad believes that I could do one. So I guess that’s something I could work toward. I know I said before that I was exercising too much and it was awful, so maybe I should wait a bit before I try to run more miles. But I still would like to set this goal for myself.
9) I saw Catching Fire in theaters and thought it was very well done and enjoyed it a lot. Jennifer Lawrence did an amazing job. I think she should win some kind of award for her performance. I’ve read all of the books even though I was really apprehensive to read them (I thought that they would be too much like Twilight which I didn’t read). But the movies have been good, especially this recent one. And I guess I’m a fan.
And, of course, there were cuties to look at:
Finnick (Sam Claflin)
I also really want to see the new Disney movie, Frozen. It looks really cute.
10) Um, not really sure what else to add. But Christmas is coming up and hopefully that will be another good thing. I’m actually also Jewish (on my mom’s side), but we don’t really celebrate Hanukkah anymore.
What are some good things that having been happening in your lives (whoever is reading this, haha)?
I hope you are all having a good day. <3 I’ll try to update more often. I really do appreciate all of you & love hearing from you. Thanks for sticking with me and being so supportive. ♥